A Guide to the Best Viscose from Bamboo Sheets & Bedding
When we conjure up bamboo, we hardly ever think “soft.” Bamboo is dense, supple, and beautiful, and many useful objects can be made from it. But bamboo sheets? Is that anything like a bed of nails?
Actually, the grass plant from which bamboo-based sheets are made is the ideal substance for such a purpose. A viscose bamboo sheet is durable, yet soft, the perfect combination for a long-lasting, welcome addition to your bed linen collection.
Take a look below at the viscose from bamboo sheets we have compared and reviewed for you. (Disclosure, updated August 17, 2017. This is my blog, and all of these reviews are entirely my opinion. I got so obsessed with finding the best products derived from bamboo that I invested in the Bamboo Supply Co. Naturally, I wouldn’t have invested if I didn’t think they made the best viscose from bamboo bedding products. I’ll also be using my expertise in bamboo-based products to advise them on new product development! I made sure to put the their products through the same rigorous testing process as every other viscose from bamboo sheet on the list. Want more info on how to support my reviews? Check out my disclosure page.)
Top Rated Viscose from Bamboo Sheets for 2018
Reviews of the top 5 Viscose from Bamboo Sheets & Bedding
The “World’s Softest Sheets” tagline is well-deserved. Although all 100% viscose from bamboo sheets are known for their softness, the twill weave sheets from the Bamboo Supply Co. definitely take the prize for softest sheets in our testing. Despite this softness, after putting the sheets through many wash cycles (cold wash, delicate), and tumble dry there was no pilling or visible durability issues.
The big advantages of 100% viscose from bamboo sheets are softness and hypoallergenic qualities. As mentioned, these sheets get an A+ on the softness scale. For hypoallergenic, I’ve had no skin irritation at all since I started using them, which is a big advantage. The folks at Mattress Clarity also did a test and vouch for the hypoallergenic qualities as well. The other big plus for these sheets is that they are manufactured with an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification. This is very important, and is an independent environmental testing and certification standard that verifies there are no harmful chemicals in the sheets.
There are two downsides to these sheets. First, they do tend to wrinkle unless you are able to put them on your bed immediately as they come out of the dryer. I have not found anyway to avoid this with most viscose from bamboo sheets, but the Bamboo Supply Co. sheets are so soft the problem is a bit worse. Second, they are only available through the company’s website at the moment. That said, I’ve found their shipping and customer service to be completely reliable, but I’ll update this post with an Amazon link if they start selling there.
The natural viscose from bamboo fabric is woven into a silky-soft weave making these sheets by Cariloha much more comfortable than cotton. Cariloha viscose from bamboo sheets are clean, cool, soft and green. They are breathable and hypoallergenic and wick moisture away from your body so you stay comfortable through the night. These sheets are really fantastic sheets. They are a bit pricier than other viscose from bamboo sheets, but well worth the money in our opinion.
It controls body temperature by keeping a person cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Cariloha is becoming a leader in introducing the world to bamboo-based products. Their reputation for exceptional quality is well-deserved from all of the testing we have done. You are simply not going to find a more enjoyable viscose from bamboo sheet set than the Cariloha “Crazy Soft” sheets.
These rayon from bamboo sheets are definitely soft and comfortable sheets and will make going to bed something to really look forward too. Softer than silk, cotton and cashmere, who could ask for more?
Rayon from Bamboo is one of the softest fabrics available. These sheets naturally hug the body, providing a person with a more comfortable sleep. Bamboo is sustainable, requires less pesticides and is naturally irrigated which makes these sheets derived from the bamboo plant the greenest sheets you can purchase.
4. Linenwalas Organic Naturel Viscose from Bamboo Sheets
These Viscose from Bamboo sheets are like treating yourself to 5 Star service. Linenwalas is a new entrant in our top 5 list. These are a really nice sheet set with all of the usual benefits of viscose from bamboo, but at a somewhat more affordable price than some other brands. As you know, viscose from bamboo is one of the softest fabrics available and just like silk sheets, hugs your body.
The Bamboo plant from which the fabric is derived is sustainable, antimicrobial, and requires less pesticides, making it them the most green sheets you can purchase.
5. Malouf 4 Piece Viscose from Bamboo Sheet Set
This Viscose from Bamboo Sheet Set by Malouf provides a perfect sleep. High quality natural material is safe for those with sensitive skin and babies. It is soft to the touch and breathable helping regulate body temperature throughout the night.
The Surprising Advantages of Viscose from Bamboo Bed Sheets
Viscose from Bamboo sheet sets provide an astonishing cornucopia of benefits over even the best-quality traditional sheets:
- Earth-friendly viscose from bamboo sheets – Switching to environmentally correct fabric derived from bamboo will make your eco-conscience happy. Bed linen manufactured from bamboo derived fabric comes from a natural, organic source. And bamboo is also one of the earth’s few fully sustainable woody sources, since its roots are not destroyed when the plants are harvested. In fact, the bamboo plant loves to be pruned and thinned, and wherever a stalk is cut, it will regrow very quickly. Bamboo requires much less water than other fiber plants, too.
- Toxin-free growth – In a home environment, viscose from bamboo sheets offer you the security of knowing that the plant was grown without the use of pesticides and other related products.
- More comfortable sleeping temperatures – Bed linens such as Cariloha Crazy Soft Classic Sheets and other popular viscose bamboo cotton sheets are considered superior to other linen fabrics in a trait called “moisture wicking.” Unlike regular sheets manufactured from traditional materials, viscose from bamboo sheets keep their users warmer during cold nights and cooler during the hot ones, due to their “wicking” properties, which draw the moisture away from the body, allowing it to evaporate on the outer surfaces of the sheet. This is a wonderful boon for those who experience extremes in body temperatures that would otherwise keep them awake for much of the night.
- Antimicrobial characteristics – Studies such as this one show that luxury viscose from bamboo sheets possess germ-resistant qualities that outperform most other fabrics in the health arena, contrary to a previous position taken by the FTC. This places viscose from bamboo linens squarely in the antibacterial category.
- Stain resistant – Those who love their viscose from bamboo bedding often rave about the fabric’s ability to fight off stains, as well as bacteria. This advantage even extends to warding off stains from oily skin. Of course, this is not universal, and with effort you certainly can stain viscose from bamboo sheets.
- Mite resistant – Users report that sheets derived from bamboo resist bed and dust mites better than many other fabrics. This fact alone makes it worth investing in at least one viscose from bamboo sheet set. Users who post reviews of viscose from bamboo sheet often extol the product’s allergen-resistant abilities, noting that they have fewer nighttime bouts with allergy-related symptoms such as sneezing and itching.
- Soft, silky comfort – One of the main reasons for anyone to buy viscose from bamboo sheets is their opulent softness. Regardless of their age or the number of times they have been washed and dried, they will never feel coarse or binding, and instead offer a sensual softness that is lightweight and silky, protecting your body in a Zen-like, unobtrusive fashion you will love.
The Proper Care of Your Beautiful Viscose from Bamboo Sheets
Viscose from Bamboo sheets deserve to be treated like the high-quality fabrics they truly are, and washing viscose from bamboo sheets correctly keeps them lasting longer, retaining their original softness and resilience. Understanding how to wash viscose from bamboo sheets will help you maintain them and enjoy them well into the future.
Browse through the tips below to learn how to keep your beautiful viscose from bamboo bedding at heirloom level.
- Use cold water. As with most fine fabrics, viscose from bamboo sheet sets responds best to cold-water washing. You will find that the results are just as satisfactory as hot-water washing, without the inevitable subtle deterioration caused by the heat. There is one exception to this general rule: When you first bring a luxury viscose from bamboo sheet set home, wash it in hot water one time, unless it has been pre-shrunk. This will encourage the fabric to shrink a bit to the precise size it was intended to be.
- Dry gently. Everything dries better under the sun on a clothesline, but if that is not practical, simply use the gentlest, coolest setting on your clothes dryer.
- Combine related colors. This is a rule with every colored fabric, and helps avoid color bleeding and staining. Never wash colored fabrics with whites.
- Avoid washing with rough materials. Combining them in the washer with coarser fabrics can cause your viscose from bamboo sheets to pill.
- No softeners necessary. Because they are so soft, viscose from bamboo sheets require no fabric softeners in the wash.
- No need for dryer strips or bleach. Maintain the integrity of your viscose from bamboo sheets longer by never subjecting them to the harshness of bleach or dryer sheets.
Use natural stain removers. Pre-treat stains on viscose from bamboo bedding with natural cleaners that contain no harsh chemicals. For example, try soaking a bloodstain with pure hydrogen peroxide before washing the sheet. A mild combo of white vinegar and water is sometimes the very best natural stain remover. A few drops of natural castile soap mixed with equal parts of baking soda and borax make a hard-working, non-toxic, gentle stain remover, too. You can even try replacing your laundry detergent entirely with this mixture.
How to Find the Ideal Viscose from Bamboo Sheets
Those who are wondering where to buy viscose from bamboo sheets will be delighted at the plethora of outlets available online. We recommend buying directly from the Bamboo Supply Co website or from Amazon. Everything you ever wanted to know about this splendid product is available there, from the measurements of viscose from bamboo sheets in king sizes to whether you can buy viscose from bamboo sheets at Costco to the latest viscose from bamboo sheets review posts.
You may come across a nice set of bamboo rayon sheets that are pre-shrunk, so you don’t have to pre-wash them, or some viscose from bamboo sheets for queen size beds in just the right trendy color to match your curtains or duvet. Home source viscose from bamboo sheets at your leisure, and take time to find the perfect set for you and your bedroom.
The best viscose from bamboo sheets are the ones you fall in love with at first sight. If that happens to you, check to make sure they are certified chemical free, and you will enjoy your soft new viscose from bamboo linen even more than your favorite old cotton sheets with a sky-high thread count. Looking for more bamboo-based products in your bedroom to go with your new sheets? Check out our reviews on Viscose from Bamboo Covered Pillows Here. We also researched Viscose from Bamboo Duvets and Viscose from Bamboo Mattresses to complete your eco-friendly bed set.