Guide to the Best Viscose Bamboo Mattresses of 2018
The combination of memory foam mattress and bamboo derived covering provide an extremely healthy sleeping dynamic for various reasons. Made from memory foam, a bamboo mattress can help aide with back, neck, and shoulder pain by relieving pressure points. Many find that adding the bamboo based cover element helps aid night time breathing and relieve allergies. A mattress is the foundation of comfort in your bedding. It should feel comfortable from the beginning.
Our Top Pick
Our overall top choice (pictured on the left) was the Snuggle-Pedic Mattress with Kool-Flow Ultra-Luxury Viscose Bamboo Cover. The Snuggle-Pedic mattress offers exceptionally good support and contours to fit your body and spread your weight out over your entire body rather than focusing it on specific pressure points. In addition the bamboo derived cover helps keep you cool and clean throughout the night. From our contacts with customers we had people who had owned Snuggle-pedic mattresses for many years and they informed us that it held up exceptionally well over time. One problem with other memory foam mattresses is that they can start to get depressed in the spot you sleep over time. The high-quality Snuggle-pedic mattress didn’t suffer from this problem. The most common problem people had with the Snuggle-pedic bamboo mattress was at the outset: the edges or the corners might not have the proper firmness. You should definitely make sure the mattress, particularly the edges and corners, have the proper firmness when you first unpack the mattress. Of course, if you buy through Amazon you can take advantage of their return policy to get a replacement right away.
Also awesome in our viscose bamboo mattress review was the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress with Bamboo Derived Rayon Cover. This was a really close runner-up to the Snuggle-pedic mattress, but fell into the runner-up position since a few more of our contacts preferring the Snuggle-pedic. On our metrics, the Snuggle-pedic was a slightly better overall, but if you’re sleep is critically important and you don’t mind spending a little bit extra, then this is a fantastic choice. The viscose bamboo cover on the gel infused memory foam is amazing at keeping you cool during the night. Overall if you have trouble with staying cool during the night, then the Brentwood is a great choice.
Below is the complete comparison table of our viscose bamboo mattress reviews. Included are all 7 brands we had sufficient data to test.
The Benefits of a Mattress With Bamboo Derived Covering
There are plenty of reasons to join the growing number of people who are realizing the benefits of products derived from bamboo.
- Eco-friendly mattresses and mattress toppers from bamboo – Switching to viscose or rayon bamboo bedding is healthy for consumers as well as the environment. The fabric comes from a natural, organic source that eliminates harmful chemicals used in the growing process. Bamboo is one of the rare fully sustainable sources in the world because its roots are not destroyed when the plants are harvested. It is actually good for bamboo crops to be thinned, and takes little water for regrowth.
Chemical free growth – Unlike cotton, bamboo is not harvested in pesticides or other hazardous chemicals. While you are sleeping comfortably in your bed, you can rest assured knowing that your bedding was made without toxic chemicals.
- Helps regulate sleeping temperatures and provide correct spinal support – Unlike a normal memory foam mattress, a bamboo derived cover mattress or bamboo derived mattress topper combines the health of memory foam for spinal support, and bamboo derived fabric making it hypoallergenic. Rayon from bamboo also allows the mattress to breathe better allowing you to stay cool on a warm night and keeping you cozy on cold nights. Many times trying to find the right body temperature is what keeps people awake all night. With viscose bamboo bedding, body temperature is controlled and moisture is absorbed.
- Dust and bacteria resistant – With a cover made from viscose bamboo, these mattresses help resist dust mites and other bacteria found in other mattresses. Because mattresses are not made to be thoroughly washed, this is a very important quality to have. Because it is hypoallergenic, it can help people who have trouble breathing and night time allergies.
- Healthy, relieving comfort – Not only do these mattresses and mattress toppers provide relief from pressure points and align the spine, they also provide relief from allergies. Reducing back pain and breathing problems gets you two important steps closer to your ultimate comfort zone while you sleep.
How to care for your Viscose Bamboo Covered Mattress and Viscose Bamboo Mattress Topper
It is important to understand how to care for your viscose bamboo mattress or viscose bamboo mattress topper so that you can achieve the highest level of satisfaction and allow correct timing for the product to reach its peak performance and withstand its high quality.
- Once your viscose bamboo mattress is delivered and taken out of the box, carefully remove the plastic and avoid using sharp objects that may puncture the mattress (or) carefully open your viscose bamboo mattress topper using same precautions.
- Unroll the mattress, but do not use too much force while trying to get it to assume normal positioning. Many times it will be packaged in vacuum sealed plastic and the mattress can take anywhere from 1-2 days to take on its full shape and size. A viscose bamboo mattress topper can also be packaged in many different ways, so be sure to allow some time for it to take on the intended shape and size.
- Before sleeping on your new viscose bamboo mattress or viscose bamboo mattress topper, allow it to air out for a few hours to get rid of new foam smells. It is common for the mattress or mattress topper to have a strong smell once opened, but because it is made from viscose bamboo it breathes very easily allowing the smell to pass in a timely manner.
- It is good to air out the viscose bamboo mattress for a few hours 1-2 times per year by opening windows and stripping your bed. It is also recommended to flip your mattress once a year. Because a viscose bamboo mattress topper is significantly thinner, it is recommended to go through the above steps more frequently.
- To keep your viscose bamboo mattress or viscose bamboo mattress topper in pristine condition, you can take extra precautions such as using waterproof mattress covers and a proper foundation for your mattress to be placed on.