A Guide to the Best Viscose from Bamboo Duvet Covers
The purpose of having a duvet is for extreme comfort. The extravagance of sleeping with one is completely unlike having a standard blanket or quilt. By adding a viscose bamboo duvet cover to your beloved down comforter, you will generate maximum luxury! Bedding made from viscose bamboo is gentler and soft than any other bedding out there. Bamboo plants require no hazardous chemicals during harvesting, therefore, bedding made of fabrics derived from bamboo does not require toxins during the growing process. This kind of duvet cover is hypoallergenic and many people find they help with snoring, nightly allergies, and breathing problems. Here are some reviews of the best duvet covers that will guarantee the most comfortable night’s sleep you have ever had in your life!
What Exactly is a Bamboo Duvet Cover?
A lot of people are confused by both parts of this: the duvet cover and the bamboo. First, a duvet cover is an often decorative fabric cover for a down or alternative down comforter. Since most down comforters are just plain white and often have stitching to keep the down more evenly distributed throughout the comforter, they aren’t that great to look at, and they go on top of the bed so you have to see it all the time! Duvet covers are basically big sleeves to put your comforter inside and make them more comfortable sleep under and make your bedroom look great.
Now, what exactly is a bamboo duvet cover? This just means the fabric is a bamboo fabric of some kind. Almost universally this will mean that is viscose bamboo (sometimes called rayon from bamboo). We have a lot more on viscose bamboo fabric on our sheets review page. But basically, bamboo stalks are turned into pulp, soaked in a solution until they dissolve. The dissolved bamboo is then extracted into fibers and dried. These dried fibers are then woven into fabric. This is exactly how all rayon fabric is made, and bamboo rayon is exactly this process except you start with bamboo plants instead of some other plant. This is great since bamboo takes very little water to grow, no pesticides, and is sustainably grown since it grows so fast.
All of that is great, but the important takeaway is that bamboo fabrics are considered by many to be some of the softest most comfortable fabrics available. This is exactly what you want in a duvet cover since it’s whole purpose is to cover you in luxury!
What We Looked for When Reviewing Bamboo Duvet Covers
Of course, to start with the duvet covers we reviewed had to actually be bamboo. A lot of cheap products out there say “bamboo” somewhere in the name or in the name of the company, but are really microfiber or polyester mixed with bamboo. We restricted ourselves to 100% bamboo viscose duvet covers. These are the real deal.
Next, the criteria we were really looking for were:
- Comfort and softness.
- Good stitching at the seams and on the buttons or zipper enclosure. These get some use, so they can start to fray if the stitching is cheap.
- Resistant to stains and fading while being washed.
- Holds its shape and doesn’t begin to warp or stretch.
These are all pretty self explanatory, and it’s clear why they are important, but you’d be surprised how many brands out there fail one or all of these tests. We’ve tried to give an indication of price in our summary table because some of these (we’re looking at you Cariloha!) can be darn expensive. They are fabulous, but you should be prepared for a bit of sticker shock if you haven’t shopped for high quality bamboo bedding products before.
Reviews of the Best Viscose from Bamboo Duvet Covers of 2018
Review of the Best 5 Viscose from Bamboo Duvet Covers
1. Cariloha Resort Duvet Cover
The Cariloha Resort Duvet Cover is among the finest duvet covers on the market. Leading hotel chains around the world are choosing this organic duvet. This viscose from bamboo bedding is hypoallergenic and helps stop sneezing, itching, night time allergies, snoring, and other breathing difficulties. They are naturally breathable and recommended for sensitive skin. Keeping your body temperature regulated in any climate, you feel always feel cozy in the winter, and kept comfortably cool in the summer. This upscale bedding in remarkably soft and silky for the most relaxed sleep possible. For absolute comfort, combine this duvet cover with Cariloha viscose from bamboo sheets. This is definitely the top duvet cover we reviewed.
2. Silky Soft Duvet Covers 100% Rayon from Bamboo
The 100% Rayon Bamboo Duvet Cover made by Royal Hotel is a luxuriously gentle comforter set. These are some of the best duvet covers on the market. Available in a variety of shades, this contemporary bedding will jazz up your bedroom to fit your style.
Forget overheating in the middle of the night, being kept awake by flipping your pillow! These naturally breathable rayon bamboo duvet covers will regulate your body temperature keeping you cool in the summer and warm in winter. Absorbing significantly more moisture than leading cotton brands, they are hypoallergenic and help stop itching and sneezing throughout the night.
3. Brielle 100% Rayon from Bamboo Cascade Duvet Cover Set
The Brielle Cascade Duvet Cover Set is one of the finest around. This organic duvet cover is divinely silky with a 250 thread count, making your bed feel like a heavenly cloud. Made with 100% rayon from bamboo, this is one of the softest organic duvets out there.
100% Rayon from bamboo bedding is naturally breathable. Therefore, it helps reduce bacteria, control allergies, eliminate dust mites, and regulate body temperature. Because bamboo is not harvested using harmful chemicals, there are no environmental toxins released during the harvesting process. The Brielle modern duvet cover is a healthy choice for you and Mother Earth!
4. 100% Rayon from Bamboo Duvet Cover Set from WholesaleBeddings
This Rayon Bamboo Duvet Cover Set by WholesaleBeddings is a 300 thread count deluxe rayon bamboo duvet cover with pillow shams. This organic duvet is not produced with harmful chemicals. This set is hypoallergenic and helps to regulate body temperature, like all quality rayon from bamboo bedding products. Because rayon from bamboo is so breathable, it helps to eliminate dust mites and bacteria. This will help with night time allergies, sneezing, and uncomfortable itching. Available in 7 different colors, this contemporary bedding set is sure to have a shade to match your style. For ultimate satisfaction we recommend using this product with organic rayon from bamboo sheets.
5. Rayon from Bamboo 3pc Duvet Set from Egyptian Bedding
With a remarkably soft 800 thread count, the Rayon from Bamboo 3 piece Duvet Set by Egyptian Bedding is one of the best duvet cover sets out there. This modern duvet is silky, smooth, and designed to get softer after washings. This contemporary bedding is also long lasting and durable. The genuine rayon from bamboo organic duvet is hypoallergenic and antibacterial, helping to prevent sneezing, itching, and night time allergies. Naturally keeping your body temperature controlled, you will stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This will be one of the best duvet covers you have ever slept with!
The Advantages of Bamboo Duvet Cover Sets
Viscose from bamboo duvet sets provide many benefits:
- Eco-friendly – Switching to environmentally friendly organic viscose from bamboo sheets will make you and the earth happy. Bed linen manufactured from fabrics derived from bamboo fibers come from a toxin free, organic foundation. Since bamboo is also one of nature’s fully sustainable sources, its roots are not destroyed when the plants are harvested. Whenever a bamboo stalk is cut it will regrow very quickly. Bamboo requires hardly any water to grow.
- Excludes harmful chemicals – Since bamboo is not harvested with harmful toxins, you can rest assured knowing you will not be sleeping in a pesticide infested bed.
- Naturally controls body temperature – Bed linens such a these duvet covers and other popular organic viscose from bamboo sheets are considered to have superior absorbency to other linen fabrics. Unlike leading brands manufactured from traditional cotton, viscose from bamboo duvet covers keep their users warmer during cold nights and cooler during the hot ones. This is great news for people who have extreme changes in their body temperature. No more uncomfortable sleep with one leg outside of the covers!
- Antibacterial material – The best duvet covers are germ-resistant and dust mite repellant. This helps create a hypoallergenic coverlet for those who suffer from allergies and sensitive skin. Many people find that viscose bamboo bedding helps with breathing, sneezing, itching, and snoring.
- Luxuriously gentle material – One of the main reasons for anyone to buy a viscose bamboo duvet cover is their remarkable softness. They are praised for their durability, and only get softer over time. Viscose from bamboo bedding is the softest bedding material on the market.
How to Care for Your Beautiful Viscose Bamboo Duvet Set
Viscose Bamboo bedding is made from some of the highest-quality fabrics out there. This kind of contemporary bedding needs to be properly cared for and washed correctly. Organic duvet covers last longer than competing cotton brands, retaining their original softness and durability over time. Knowing how to wash a viscose bamboo duvet cover will help you preserve its luxury and to be enjoyed for many sleeps to come.
- Use cold water– The exception to this rule is for the FIRST wash. Otherwise, viscose bamboo bedding responds best to cold-water cycles. This prevents inevitable timely deterioration caused by the heat.
- Dry gently – We recommend air drying, as it is the gentlest form. Although if it is impractical, simply use low heat on a gentle drying cycle.
- Do not mix colors in laundry – This is applicable with all fabric, especially with upscale bedding. This rule will avoid color bleeding and staining.
- Avoid washing with rough materials – Do not put your organic duvet cover in the washer with coarse material. This can cause your viscose bamboo bedding to fray.
- No softeners necessary – Because they are made to soften over time, viscose bamboo bedding does not require fabric softeners in the wash. In fact we recommend never using dryer sheets or bleach while washing your upscale bedding.